So let me pick up where I left off. We had another great night out on Tuesday night.
We found some fun Chinese men that wanted to join in the dance party and then I smoked my first hookah (sorry mom, when in Rome....). That was the earliest night I've been home yet....before 2am!
Wednesday was a free day. By free I mean still tons of things planned. We started the day with a hike down Bowen Road which has great views and lots of interesting things to see.
We then went back to the hotel and went to Kowloon, which is a peninsula off of HK. This street has tons of shopping and LOTS of stuff to see. It is more of what you think of when you stereotype China. We checked out some fancy hotels, ate, and then walked to the Taylor Street market which is where you can bargain and find lots of stuff to buy. Sorry, no good knock off purses.
We then returned out for the evening. They cook food outside...so weird.
Another night out last night. There are lots of Brits here and we met tons of fun people. People are crazy here....insane....
Today we went to Polytechnic University and listened to a speaker teach us about the culture of Chinese people and, in turn, how to market to them. One example is that they like to do everything in groups. So, if there are two lines and one is completely empty, they will wait in the other line so that they can all go through it together. Really interesting stuff
I am now at the airport waiting to leave Hong Kong (sad) and head to Bangkok (yeah!). When we get to Bangkok we are going to a remote island called Ko Samet. We will spend the weekend there sunning, snorkeling, hiking and relaxing. The weather in HK has been amazing - 70's and sunny and not a lot of smog. Thailand is hot...90's every day. I better get a tan!
We aren't sure if Ko Samet has internet service, but the consensus is that it most likely won't, so this may be my last post until late Monday night. Ill still keep track of what I'm doing so i can fill you in on my return. I can't believe this trip isn't even halfway done. I'm savoring every moment and I don't want This experience to end!! I do miss you all though....
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Okay, I feel bad because no one else seems to be leaving comments - and I don't want to clutter up your blog - but Sarah, I am LOVING your blog. You are way better than the Travel Channel!!! I have only imagined these places and you are bringing them to life for me. I hope you are savoring every second of this experience - because it is beyond amazing to me!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Finnegan is enjoying this too because I read it to him every day!!! :)