Our afternoon meeting was with the Kenan Institute that is funded by the U.S. They prove aid and support in disasters (ie the Tsunami) and teach areas with poverty about business and how to make money.
No real super fantastic pictures of either of those, not really pic worthy.
Last night was a crazy night out. We took over a Karaoke bar and just had some old school club. We then went to a crazy dance club. Way different then from clubs in the states. They had a mini concert going on, so we got some Asian Jay Z and BEP. We all let loose....it's been a long trip...no pictures for that either ;)
Today we went to the Thailand Stock Exchange. Kinda interesting stuff. We did get to go onto their Money TV set and pretend we were on TV...
We then went to see Jim Thompson's house. Jim is known for revolutionizing the silk industry back in the mid 1900. He was a US citizen that feel in love with Thailand when he was stationed here with the CIA. He came back after he finished with the CIA and is responsible for our thoughts on silk today. He saw Thai people making it, knew it was amazing, and wanted other people to experience it to. He introduced silk to Vogue magazine, the Queen, and made it famous through putting it in movies. He disappeared mysteriously in the 60's while on vacation in Malaysia. No one knows what happened to him. He was way to skilled to just be lost in the woods....people speculate that he was either kidnapped or eaten by a Tiger. His house is now a museum.
So that's it. That is all I've got. This is my last blog. Thanks so much for coming along for the ride. I loved and appreciated your comments along the way. This truly has been an adventure of a lifetime.
It is currently 530pm on Friday in Bagkok and 430am on Friday in Chicago. We leave for the airport in just under 12 hours. I have a 6 hour flight to Tokyo and then a few hour layover before I have another 11 hour flight back to Chitown. Its a few hours less than the horrible flight here since our first stage is longer.
Pending everything is on time, I land back in Chicago around 230 pm on Saturday. I leave here at 4am on Saturday....so this will likely be the longest Saturday of my life....lasting somewhere around 36 hours with the time change.
I'm going to make limited phone calls when I return. I will be in desperate need of some R&R and I haven't been alone in 15 days. Im sure I'll get s chance to talk to everyone Sunday or early next week
Love you all!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Far East Advertising, Kenan Institute, Shennanegans, Jim Thompson
No comments:
Post a Comment