Jubilee street....I saw it and it just worked. I LOVE it here. It is truly an amazing place - I love the night life, I love the colors, I love the friendly people, I love the hilly streets...I just can not get enough.
So we went to dinner at 12:30 last night after checking into the hotel. We went to this street that was insane...full of bars and clubs. Everyone is outside dancing, drinking, making friends. There are tons of tourists and expats here - more than I would have thought. We stayed out until 4am enjoying our vacation. Oh. All the music is American. Although the street was crazy (maybe comparable to Bourbon Street) I could have uprooted everyone to the US and no one would have known the difference.
This morning we got an early start and just spent some time walking through the zoo, botanical gardens and then parts of the city Everything is hilly and the shops are so unique.
-
We then we to "The Peak" which has some incredible views of the city. We took a funicular up, which is almost like a trolley ski lift. There were shops, we ate lunch and just took everything in. Oh-the weather here is amazing. It was about 77 and sunny all day.
We then hiked down the mountain and some amazing greenery. It was probably a few miles and walking downhill at a 45 degree angle is harder than you think after a while.
We then walked to Aberdeen which is close by and went to the water to take a somewhat scary boat ride.
This is a restaurant that we boated by. Not the one we ate at, but still super cool. You can only get to it by boat.
We then took a bus back to the city and then took a bus/boat to a seafood restaurant called Rainbow on Llama Island. We had Lobster, shrimp, Groupa (not grouper) and more it was some of those places where you could choose your exact fish if you wanted
Sorry....the skyline was amazing, but it is hard to take pics from a moving boat.
Okay, thats all for now. I'm beat. Tomorrow we are going to the market in the morning and then Ocean Park, which is an amusement park, in the afternoon. We will have our first business meeting there and then we get to stay and ride the rides. I'm excited to see if I can still handle roller coasters like I used to!!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:All over Hong Kong
No comments:
Post a Comment